Apr 19, 2006

Spotted Dick

Image hosting by Photobucket
I'd been going through a spell of almost a month where I wasn't feeling like drawing. It's warm outside, I've been riding my bike a lot, taking some photos – and I was beginning to wonder when I'd feel like drawing again. Last night, I scratched the itch finally and came up with this submission for Illustration Friday's theme of spotted – and the angle I went with was the term spotted dick. It made me feel good to put this out; sketching is mostly a hobby for me and I haven't felt this good about one since a meadowlark portrait I drew a couple of months ago.

The full story, plus technical info and a peek at some detail of the original sketch can all be read/seen here.

1 comment:

Jeff Andrews said...

Tricky Dick! Has the......measles? lol Nice job my friend, love the textures.