Jul 26, 2006

Poster

Good morning!

I just finished a poster for a croquet tournament to benefit the Penfield Children's Center. The posters will be auctioned off to raise funds for the Center. I got freedom to do whatever I wanted and came up with this. I've been told that everyone looks sad. But for some reason I'm reminded of the old Tonka Trucks commercials. The image will be printed rather large around 40". Curious to see how it looks in print. My computer almost had a meltdown during this project. This guy did an okay one too!

7 comments:

Blake Himsl Hunter said...

wow, cool image...yeah the typography reminds me of an older tonka ad.

Jeope said...

Awesome, Josh - and btw, congratulations for all your work posted in this year's CA illustration annual. I still get weak in the knees when I see that car series that made it into the book.

Jeff Andrews said...

I wanted to jump in here and also mention that I'd seen the stuff in the CA annual. Great job Josh!

I was so proud!

I love this illo too, nicely done! Can I get a poster? ;)

Stuart Immonen said...

Love your work. fab colour choices.

josh said...

Thanks for the nice words! CA has been really great to be in. Though I've noticed they seem to be a bit erratic in the work they publish for the annuals. Jeff, Cramer Krasselt (the agency handling the event) is giving me a bunch of posters...I'll put them up on my site when I get them in.

Vonster said...

This is awesome! Really well done.

Unknown said...

Real cool design!