Nov 26, 2006

Lonely Planet


My trip to Asia was very much like the movie "Lost in Translation." My wife and I went together but Yun was really there on business. She had meetings all day and sometimes dinner meetings at night. So I was pretty much alone all day and night to draw and have adventures. Just like Bill Murray, I would smoke Cohiba cuban cigars and drink single malt whiskey by myself in crazy high-end hotel bars. One night in Tokyo, we even went to the hotel bar that was used as the location in the movie. The hotels we were staying in throughout Asia blew that one away though. I was able to do about 22 serious drawings in my two weeks in Korea, Tokyo, Hong Kong and Beijing. Over time you will get to see them all.

1 comment:

Ro said...

That's a really fabolous drawing! I'm guessing that you used ink and water colors?

Great site by the way.