Jun 27, 2007

SFG: Texture

In honor of my good friend Von's latest book release, Crumble Crackle Burn: 120 Stunning Textures for Design & Illustration, I've decided to make this weeks theme: Texture. Work some kind of texture into your illustration. If you haven't bought his book yet, you should. I got mine in the mail yesterday from Amazon and it is phenomenal! Not to mention there are a number of SFG'ers who contributed to this book. Go check it out at www.texturebook.com or click on the link in the advertisement on the left.


For you newcomers, the SFG Challenge runs Thursday to Thursday, and was created to offer every member an opportunity to stretch their creative muscles and post their interpretations on a specific theme. It's a lot of fun!


Be sure to label your illustrations with the appropriate labels as well. I prefer you label your entries with your name or screenname, and the challenge label, SFG: Texture

Remember, this is a completely voluntary challenge designed solely to stimulate creativity and promote participation. Please don't hesitate to post your other work as normal.



I'm still looking for someone to help me with keeping up with posting updates for SFG and DI to some of the illustration and design news sites that are out there. Contact me if you're interested in helping out.

I'd also love to see you SFG'ers help to advertise the site yourselves, posting links on your own websites, and talking it up where and when you can all over the net. Help me to build this brand!


The next challenge begins Thursday, July 5th, 2007.

Challenge yourselves SFG'ers and have a great week!



Hold the fort! Von has just graciously offered a special download of ten additional textures to SFG members, click here for the download!

No comments: