Jul 27, 2007

Supermodel



One morning I went out alone to draw on the streets of Bologna. I had my usual set up going. My stool, the bag my sketchbook out, drawing away. A young girl in her late twenties approached me from behind. She said she was part of a photo shoot. She wanted to know if I would mind if she brought a fashion model over and take pictures with me. Sure, no problemo. About fifteen minutes late she comes back with a whole crew. Photographer, assistants, hair and make up people, you name it. They proceeded to tell me it was a winter scene so they gave me a coat to wear. The shoot itself only took about ten minutes. I gave them all my information and they said they would send me the final. We'll see. If they do I'll post it. The shoot then moved down the street. All of a sudden Yun showed up. She says to me, "look they are shooting a model." I said, "no, you are married to a model.

5 comments:

Jason Raish said...

great travel story as usual! I will finally be able to have some of my own, I'm moving to beijing in 10 months to live with my aunt for a year and then Japan and korea for as long their respective visas will last me.

jim bradshaw said...

Sportiest sketcher I ever done seen.

Unknown said...

naaa...tommy...u r in modelling role now! :)

kane said...

I'm lookin good.

Jannie aka Chickengirl said...

hahah! what a great travel story!!! Artist/ model...wow. Go you! I look forward to seeing the final shots.