Jul 30, 2008

One man's trash...

This week I decided to conduct a little experiment and do thing a little differently. Instead of taking the my usual illustration route, I thought I would make things more graphic. I have been playing around with this concept for months and now had an excuse to make it. Below are the steps I took:

#1- Sketch out the concept and scan
#2- tweak and trace in the computer
#3- color


...and the last step was to add some extra elements to help punch it up a bit.


As for the concept, I believe it came to me because my wife and I have been on this garage sale kick lately. We have been making our rounds in the neighborhood as well as the local flea markets and finding some really nice vintage stuff. And like the title says, one man's trash is another man's treasure.


Enjoy.



No comments: