Jun 14, 2009

SFG: Ad Boy



This week's challenge: Ad Boy

Read carefully...You could WIN!

Recently one of the authors of Meet Mr. Product: The Art of the Advertising Character, Warren Dotz, contacted me to let me know that he'd really enjoyed the SFG Challenge we did a few years ago entitled "Advertising Character Update." He also informed me that he had a new book coming out called Ad Boy: Vintage Advertising With Character. In talking with Warren I learned that he was a big fan of Sugar Frosted Goodness and checked in with us often to see what new and interesting illustrations have been added.



During my conversation with Warren, I hit upon the idea of having a new challenge with vintage advertising characters as the theme. This time around though we're going to do things a little differently. This time, Warren has agreed to judge the entrants of the challenge, and offer up a copy of his new book to the illustration he likes best. Phenomenal!

To take part in this week's challenge, simply submit a piece based on the theme "Vintage Advertising Characters." Each piece will be judged, so feel free to submit as many illustrations as you'd like, and be sure to label your posts appropriately. At the end of the challenge, Warren will contact me and let me know his choice, which I will then announce on SFG. I will contact the winner for mailing info etc. The challenge will end on Monday, June 22, 2009 at 12:00 am PST.



As a fan of the original book, I was excited to hear that a new book was coming out. I've received a few advance copies of Ad Boy, in preparation for the challenge, and let me tell you it's great! I'm really hoping that you all take the time to produce something for this week's challenge.



Ad Boy is also available for purchase at these fine locations!


The SFG Challenge was created to challenge every member to stretch their creative muscles, venture outside of their artistic boundaries and post their interpretations each week on a specific theme. You are enthusiastically encouraged to participate!

Advertising rates on SFG and Design Inspiration are still at an all-time low! Contact me today to find out how you might be able to benefit by promoting your business, website or store on SFG.

2 comments:

Reg said...

Is the contest open to SFG members who are outside of the US? :)

Jeff Andrews said...

Yes! This contest is open to any and all SFG members, regardless of where they live. How could I discriminate? :)