Aug 20, 2009

SFG: New Work! The Birth of Merman



I got invited by Scott over at Born Magazine to create the cover for the 2009 Issue #2 a little while back. The theme is alway loosely based around "birth". I had something similar to this in one of my sketchbooks that had been patiently waiting to be released on the world. After a little inking, careful planning of proportions, and strategic placement of hairs, this is what I ended up with. Check out Born here - http://www.bornmagazine.org/

Prints will be available in the RTD $TORE soon too, so sit tight and dream of all the lonely Mermen that will soon need homes.

rawtoastdesign.com


2 comments:

C. A. Silbach said...

Very good illustration! It really grabbed my eye :0)

rawtoastdesign illustration said...

awesome and thanks!

best,

jesse / freelance illustrator