Sep 22, 2008

Tattoo: Hula girl

My wife is actually considering letting me get a tattoo. For the past 8 years it's been a firm "no" when I have brought it up to her. But attrition (and whining) has it's way of wearing down on her so she said that I could possibly have one as long as it was my work.

I've always enjoyed hula girls and thought I'd come up with a version all on my own. I talked to the tattoo shop today and they said the background wouldn't fly but the tikis and the girl would work out just fine. So here it is

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Now the trick is, find the RIGHT artist. Look around and it is worth the wait to get the person you like. I twill translate well, but different being on the skin. But very fun. Once you get it, you will get the "fever". Next thig you know, you will have sleeves!

GOGOPEDRO said...

Quite charming.
Liked the posts on the drawing board too. My only crit might be that you drop her distant leg into a little bit of shadow for depth effect.

other then that....SWELL IMAGE...

P

Reg said...

that's great! i love the hips. love the tikis as well, so much character in them :) it's cool that your wife's letting you have a tattoo but only if it's your own work. makes sense, doesn't it? if you're an artist yourself, wouldn't you want something that's your own on your skin? :)