May 9, 2009

Black-Eyed Snakes Video - Rise Up!

For the past 11 years, Duluth Minnesota has hosted the Homegrown Festival. Originally started as a birthday party for a local dj / band member / all-around good guy, it has grown into a weeklong, areawide festival of music, arts, plays, poetry and more. A sort of SXSW for our North Central region. New this year was a Video Festival: participants drew a local band and song out of a hat and had 48 hours to make a video. Here's a link to mine for the Black-Eyed Snakes:

Black Eyed Snakes - Rise Up! from Brian Barber on Vimeo.



I snuck in a scene with Duluth's mayor, he asked me for the still image, and it's now his Facebook profile picture. Whew! I thought he might send his goons out after me. Lot's of local references in here, so if they don't make sense outside of Minnesota, I apologize.
But here's all you really need to know:
- Duluth is on Lake Superior
- Lake Superior attracts tourists
- and seagulls
- There's a bridge that has to move up and down several times a day to let boats through a canal.
- Black-Eyed Snakes are an awesome band and I was really lucky to draw that song.

Brian Barber

No comments: