Apr 25, 2006

Rhino Robot


Hello Sugar Frosters

Does this Rhino Robot qualify as a real, oil-blooded robot?

I've been working on a project with a 3D animator and I've just posted a link to a finished scene from it on my Drawger blog. If you go there, you'll find a description of how the project came to be. Also, several members of the blog have their own ideas about my ink and watercolor style of art being translated into digital 3D.

Please stop by & add your own observations to the "comments" list.

Best Wishes,
-Elwood

Scene 5 from Mondo Luigi, available for viewing on my blog:

http://www.drawger.com/greenmonkey/

4 comments:

Unknown said...

This little robot ROCKS!

Jared Chapman said...

First off, the design for your robo-rhino is FANTASTIC! Secondly, it's really interesting to see your style translated into 3D. Personally, I think it makes the jump really well... plus you play the banjo in the scene. I have a soft spot in my heart for banjo music. Wonderful!

Urban Barbarian said...

Very pleasing and exceptionally well done! Great work Elwood! It's hard to make a robot look humanized [ or in this case, rhino-ized! ] but you pull it off wonderfully!

Jeff Andrews said...

Elwood!!! This was so cool! It was such a tease though, I wanted to see more! lol Thanks for sharing!