Aug 24, 2006

The Ladies


The town that my friend's farm is in is very small. Everyone knows everyone. It is called East Otto in upstate New York. Near Buffalo. I was going all over town drawing. Word had quickly spread that there was stranger in town sitting on a small foldup stool drawing and painting. This seemed very exotic to these folks. So over the course of a few days almost everyone had come over to see what I was up to and to introduce themselves. I was thrilled and amazed. My friend Pat called me when I got home and said the town ladies had approached his friend Beau to ask if they could use my drawings for a calender to raise money to save the old schoolhouse. I know this sounds like an episode of Mayberry but i'm just telling it like it is. Well anyway, I told them to go screw themselves. JUST KIDDING. I put everything on a disk and sent it to them to use as they please. I am very flattered.

There is an interview of me in Dork Magazine. http://www.dorkmag.com/tk.html

2 comments:

Jeff Andrews said...

That's awesme Tommy! Let us know if they're going to be available online.

-Jeff

Jeope said...

Great story - and the note along the bottom about the rooster only adds to it.