Dec 3, 2006

Blowfish


I hopped off the train near the Sumo stadium in Tokyo. I wanted to draw something that was very typical looking of Japanese cities. I noticed this little restaurant. I set up shop and began to sketch. After a bit of time people started to come and see what I was doing. Some people from the restaurant next door came over and gave me a coffee. I took it and drank it even though I don't drink coffee. They began to tell me the restaurant I was drawing was one that served the famous blowfish. That's right, the same poisonous fish that if not prepared right can kill you. Wow, what a stroke of luck. I couldn't read any of the signs. I thought I was just picking any old place to draw. They told me that It was made famous because it is the sumo wrestlers favorite food. No I didn't try it.

Check out a little feature about one of my paintings at Artheads.

2 comments:

jimbo said...

brilliant as usual, tommy! i've been a big fan of all the stuff you've been posting to the blog. keep up the good work.

Anonymous said...

the story really is a crack-up. especially the part about the coffee. cheers. i'm gonna feature this in my tiny bloggy in a few.