Apr 1, 2007

Manhole


I hate cameras. I'm not very good technically. Cameras are over my head. I own a nice Canon digital. The only problem is I can hardly use the damn thing. Recently I've been photographing manhole covers. That's right sewer caps. When I got home from Prague and looked through my photos I discovered a great manhole cover i'd shot. It intrigued me. So I began shooting all the different ones around New York city. Now I do it wherever I go. I have a really cool collection. It gives me an additional thing to do on my flickr site. You can check out my collection here. If any of my readers have a digital camera and come across any manhole covers in your town or city, please photograph them and e-mail them to me. I need more. Just send them to tom@tommykane.com.

2 comments:

jim bradshaw said...

Hey Tommy, I like the discombobulation. It gives the drawing character.

I have a manhole I shot from Asbury Park, NJ. I'll send it when I hunt it down. It's cool that anything can be a great subject for drawing and photography. I photograph street stuff like broken curbs, sewer traps, manholes, worn sidwalks, broken down buildings, etc. It's fun and many times the they become textures in my illustrations. I hope you get more comfortable with your camera.

kane said...

thanks jim. your phot is awesome.