Nov 23, 2007

T-shirt Designs for Work

Heres what I do during the day, I mostly only post my line art so I thought I'd share a little graphic design with y'all. These designs are for our Dr. Suess and Peantus licenses.

Tried to add a little adult humor without being over the top. Great find in the actual book when the Cat actually tells the kids that exact phrase.
You can find the Suess shirt here if you want one.... LINK


As for this one I was told at the time that certain big name stores would not put Peanuts shirts on the racks cause they don't sell. Well... this one did and boy did it make me feel pretty damn good that day.
You can find the Peanuts shirt here if you want one.... LINK

Note : I receive no money for purchasing the shirt, however, if sales are up, I do get to keep my job ;)

3 comments:

Gary Fields said...

hey rob,
great designs! i also do t-shirt/graphic tees for a living. is your place just doing licensed type stuff? sometimes it's tougher to do great layouts for such fantastic licenses. best of luck!
gary fields

Rob Duenas said...

yeah we're mostly a licensed company, I do some generic stuff when we get the call, I.E. humor mostly. I'll post some generic stuff next week, i really never share this stuff cause of the competition in the shirt game and I don't want to get into trouble. But I was told that if it's on the shelf then I can show it... so thanx! Yeah designing for licensed product isn't easy, especially when you don't get a style guide of any kind, but the licensor is uber-picky.

Choper Nawers! said...

Wicked man..i just love the cat in the hat...LOL!
Nice stuff you have been showing ROB....keep it on!