Jun 26, 2008

Sunset Strip


When I went to Los angeles the first time, it was with my friend Ken Nahoum. He was a hot shot photographer at the time. It was over twenty years ago. We were constantly shooting low end celebrities. I was always ending up at dinner in places like Audrey Hepurn's sons house or getting into fights with Jack Palance. Wacky things seemed to always happen to me. Anyway the point of the story is that Ken I would usually end up here, in this old strip joint. It's the strip club Motley Crew wrote the song, Girls Girls Girls, about. Nice to know that it is still standing.

2 comments:

Matt Schuster said...

Awesome. I love the illustration, commentary, and back story.

I also would not want to get in a fight with Jack Palance.

D.J. said...

Great illo. Misty watercolor memories...

Oh, I miss the Strip. Got my second tattoo there in 1991. Hamburger Hamlet was nice.

It's good to know that 18 is still OK to get in to the club. I would hate to think they had raised the minimum age.