Nov 20, 2008

Size Matters




I used to draw in all different size drawing books. Then I started blogging and realized some formats just don't work well on blogs. Take for example the wide, double page spread, drawing books. If you do a drawing in one of these suckers and post it, the size will appear very tiny. I've posted a few examples above. There is too much width and no height. The details become so small you can hardly see anything. Now I only draw in books that are squarish or rectangular with the height being the longest measurement. It makes a big difference. Some people on Urban Sketchers post these tiny tiny drawings. They haven't learned that in the blogging world, size matters.

1 comment:

jim bradshaw said...

I love those spreads you do. They are so striking. For posting purposes, you can post the whole thing and include a detail view or two.

Those are 3 great looking pages Tommy. Even before hitting enlarge view.