May 11, 2011

Honesty Is The Best Policy


The other night Yun and I had dinner with 2 of her friends in Brooklyn. We ate at a nice place called Saul. During dinner I was telling everyone about a story I read in the newspaper. It was about how the Japanese people were finding money and wallets in the debris of the tsunami devastation. No one was keeping it for themselves. They were doing everything in their power to make sure it gets returned to it's rightful owner. Everyone was doing it, not just a majority of folks. The story really moved me. After dinner we all walked out onto the street. In front of the restaurant is a bench to sit on. I looked down and there was a brand new ipad sitting there. Cover and all. I picked it up and looked around. There was no one to be seen. Obviously someone left it by accident. I showed the group and then without hesitation walked into the restaurant and gave it to the maitre d'. I really hope the rightful owner came back and got it. I'm sure in their Manhattan mindset that they were sure it was gone for good. Luckily for them, I think I'm turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think so.

No comments: