Dec 19, 2013

Festive Card Designs The winter Penguin, The Winter Deer , The Winter Bear







Each year I admire the cards other designers and illustrators create for Christmas. So this year I thought, I would illustrate my own. After I had finished the first design The Winter Bear; I enjoyed it so much I thought I'd make a small set. I always like my work to have lots of detail, usually this is combined with quite vibrant colours, but here I wanted to try something a little softer so I've opted for a neutral palette.  Also I wanted to stay away from the usual Santa and Christmas Tree. The finished cards are combination of Victorian influence with a contemporary feel. I've used 0.1- 0.2 and 0.5 Staedtler pigment liners and Adobe Illustrator CC for colour, design and comp. I hope you like them.
Please visit my website for more work.http://melanierenaux.com/


No comments: